Sponsored by Idaho Kettlebells. www.idahokettlebells.com (208) 412-6079
- 1 big pancake: ground rolled barley, vanilla whey, egg whites, ground flax, cinnamon & unsweetened almond milk. Topped this with sliced strawberries mixed with greek yogurt and Walden Farms calorie free chocolate syrup
Added by Rachelle Lowder on October 18, 2012 at 9:38pm — No Comments
4 TABATA ROUNDS OF 24KG SNATCHES
224 REPS TOTAL
(Again, this method is easy as far as overall feel goes, but it is creating a pretty good effect. I feel a good "pump" about 45 minutes after training, so something is going on. I am told I have gained a little the shoulders and traps, and that is unusual for this kind of training. I actually train with kettlebell ballistic lifts to avoid hypertrophy, so that is…Continue
Added by Jim B on October 17, 2012 at 9:30pm — No Comments
- Half a cup of coffee with a little unsweetened almond milk & sugar free caramel syrup
- Frozen strawberries, vanilla whey & stevia blended to form a soft serve ice cream. Mixed in a little ground rolled barley &…Continue
Added by Rachelle Lowder on October 17, 2012 at 9:02pm — No Comments
24KG SNATCHES, DIVIDED INTO 4 TABATA ROUNDS. 224 REPS TOTAL.
16 TAEKWON-DO HUNGS
300 mg caffeine
1300mg Korean ginseng
2 scoops Aftershock
handful of raw lamonds
Added by Jim B on October 17, 2012 at 1:48pm — No Comments
- 1/2 a cup of coffee with a little unsweetened almond milk & stevia
- Pancakes: Same as yesterday but with ground rolled barley instead of the buckwheat…Continue
Added by Rachelle Lowder on October 17, 2012 at 7:19am — No Comments
Not much time today, so I alternated 24kg kettlebell snatches and Taekwon-Do hyungs: 5 hyungs and 100 snatches total.
1,900 snatches left.
Had a few minutes tonight, and was feeling a little drained from all the high reps and low resistance lately. Hit some sumo-deadlifts for singles up to 495#, which I repeated for 3 X 1. These felt really good and afterwards I felt stronger and totally…Continue
Added by Jim B on October 15, 2012 at 11:13pm — No Comments
I didn't keep track of times today, so I'll just list off what I ate in order.
- Pancakes: buckwheat flour, egg whites, almond milk, vanilla protein, stevia, ground flax & cinnamon. These were topped with greek yogurt mixed with sliced strawberries & stevia and a serving of Walden Farms no calorie chocolate syrup (the buckwheat was horrid...never…Continue
Added by Rachelle Lowder on October 15, 2012 at 8:29pm — No Comments
220 24KG SNATCHES...50 REPS WARMUP, THEN 3 TABATA SETS.
16 TAEKWON-DO HYUNGS
These training sessions have been exactly the same the past four days. 8 short training sessions total
Added by Jim B on October 11, 2012 at 11:00pm — No Comments
- Barbell Front Squats w/105lbs: 6x6
- Hindu Pushups: 7x10-12
- DBL KB Bent Rows w/the 35s: 7x7-10
- Ring Rows: 7x7-8
- Ring Pushups: 7x8
- 1 Jump Rope Tabata Set
**1 minute rest between all sets
Added by Rachelle Lowder on October 11, 2012 at 8:42pm — No Comments
- Cup of coffee with a little creamer
- 26 chocolate pb whey
- Big handful of walnut halves
- Handful of fresh raspberries
Added by Rachelle Lowder on October 10, 2012 at 7:30am — No Comments
Almost exact copy of yesterday's workout
218 24KG KETTLEBELL SNATCHES
(50 reps warm up, then 3, 4-minute Tabata sets at 56 reps each).
I gotta say, I still had a good pump an hour later. There is something to this...
It seems way easier than the feeling later on would indicate. Going to keep at this for a few more weeks and see what happens.
Added by Jim B on October 9, 2012 at 10:54pm — No Comments
Hi Jim! You have inspired me to share and tell everyone who will listen about my new found addiction...Kettlebells! Thanks for everything...my clients at A2O Fitness as well as myself have been so fortunate to have you share your knowledge and experience with us.
I haven't been well the past few days so I have no training to report. I will begin my snatch challenge of 1000 for the week tomorrow to ensure I get them all in by Saturday. My wrists are not happy so I am going to sub SA…Continue
218 SNATCHES WITH THE 24KG.
I decided to work some of these into Tabata sets. I was able to get about 7 reps per 20 seconds, so this was only about 14RPM, but these seemed to take a lot more out of me than a straight set. I felt these more about an hour later. Not sure why. I have always thought snatches were not a good mix for a Tabata set, but I may be wrong. I will experiment more with…Continue
- Cup of warm water with 1T raw apple cider vinegar, a little lemon juice & a squirt of honey
- Veggie Scramble: 3 kale leaves; stem stripped, 3 sliced mushrooms, one small diced tomato & 3 xtra large eggs. Cooked in olive oil spray
- 2 big muffins from Albertsons...I succumbed to the cravings yesterday's…Continue
Added by Rachelle Lowder on October 8, 2012 at 8:47pm — No Comments
- 4oz black coffee, 4oz water &26g chocolate pb whey, shaken with ice
- Handful of walnut halves
- Half of the top of a raisin bran muffin…Continue
Added by Rachelle Lowder on October 7, 2012 at 9:08pm — No Comments
I had 190 snatches left this week, so I decided to work the double snatch for 95 reps to add more resistance and work the shorter, explosive sets. Double snatches count as two reps each.
So, today's training was 95 double 1/2 snatches with bells from 16kg-28kg. The heavier sets felt great!
Finished out with 20 minutes of Hindu squats (300) and Hindu pushups (100).
Added by Jim B on October 6, 2012 at 10:41pm — No Comments
- Handful of walnut halves
- 10 slices of pepperoni
- 1 homemade fried chicken leg
- Big salad consisting of 1/2 a bag of Italian…Continue
Added by Rachelle Lowder on October 6, 2012 at 8:33pm — No Comments
- About 1/2 a cup of coffee with creamer
- 2oz (cooked weight) lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 xtra large eggs cooked with olive oil spray & seasoned with salt & pepper…Continue
- Cup of coffee with creamer & a splash of milk
- 3 egg omelette cooked with olive oil spray with 6 slices of pepperoni, ground pepper, Italian seasoning and a sprinkle each of shredded mozzarella & white sharp cheddar.…Continue
200 28KG KETTLEBELL SNATCHES MIXED WITH 150 HINDU PUSHUPS
TAEKWON-DO: 16 HYUNGS
1300mg Korean ginseng
2 scoops Myogenix Aftershock
handful of raw almonds
4000mg fish oil
cod liver oil
1 tbsp coconut oil
huge leftover grilled chicken breast
a couple strips of…Continue
Added by Jim B on October 2, 2012 at 10:50pm — No Comments