Sponsored by Idaho Kettlebells. www.idahokettlebells.com (208) 412-6079
- Cup of coffee with sugar-free syrup & plain unsweetened creamer
- Protein Pancakes: Used unsweetened almond milk, psyllium fiber instead of flax, added 3T of Torani Sugar-Free Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Syrup (the batch was doubled) & no blueberries
- 3 eggs scrambled in butter, piled on the pancakes & drizzled with sugar-free maple syrup
- Beef patty with a slice of cheddar cheese, ketchup & mustard
- Can of green beans seasoned with ground pepper
- 3 Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Can of tuna mixed with mayo, half an avocado & ground pepper
- Handful of potato chips
- 5 baby carrots dipped in ranch
Meal 4 (Post-Workout):
- 21g chocolate whey + 5g glutamine
- 1 banana
- Plain greek yogurt with 2tsp cherry gelatin, walnuts and 60% cacao baking chips
* Now that I've finished off my supply of cottage cheese and greek yogurt, starting tomorrow, I'm going to cut out all dairy except my whey protein and see what kind of effect this has on me mentally and/or physically. This will go on for at least the next week and if there isn't much noticeable change then I will cut out the whey as well and go from there. Despite overhauling my diet and remaining consistent with my workouts, I haven't experienced the newfound energy or other drastic improvments (that I always read about) since adopting the paleo diet. Yes, it works to lean me out, but that's it. Maybe I'm not consistent enough? Or maybe the dairy is holding me back....We'll find out!
- 10 Sets:
- 5 Sets
Yes, there has been awesome results on the outside. My point is, that I feel that I should feel better overall in general and there hasn't been much change. Which is why I'm trying to further tweek my diet and see what that does.
I have never felt any huge energy boost myself. I never really bought into that anyway. That should naturally occur when you reduce carbs and things that cause insulin spikes throughout the day.
But Rachelle, in your case getting leaner and stronger consistently is a huge boost...You use very few supplements and have seen amazing results. This is just the result of proper nutrition.
I certainly will. I can honestly say that I don't feel much different mentally or energy wise since I've started this whole fitness thang. I've also done the whole thyroid & hormone testing too. It's said your diet rules how your body functions...so hopefully kicking the dairy provies some results. If not, it's back to the drawing board!
(P.S. I sent ya a message on FB)
You'll have to let me know how the experiment goes. I actually have been wondering about the "energy" thing myself and actually brought it up at my last dr's appt. It's just not there the way I would expect it to be! GOOD LUCK!
You need to be a member of Boise Kettlebell Lifting to add comments!
Join Boise Kettlebell Lifting