Sponsored by Idaho Kettlebells. www.idahokettlebells.com (208) 412-6079
- Cup of coffee with coconut milk and a packet of natural sweetener
- Peach slices with cinnamon
- 3 eggs scrambled in butter, seasoned with ground pepper
- A slice of spelt bread with butter & cinnamon (Noticing I'm feeling groggy about 45-60min after eating this. Not sure if it's a coincidence of being morning when I eat it, or not. After I finish the loaf, I will be done with it and check the difference)
- Can of yellowfin tuna with mayo, 2 sliced celery stalks, raisins & chopped walnuts
- Some dried apple rings
- Cup of coffee with a "single serving" white chocolate mocha creamer
- Plain greek yogurt with trail mix added in
- Big bowl of taco salad (no chips)
- Taco on a flour tortilla (Thought I was well under 100g carbs to afford the tortilla. I'd forgotten I'd had the slice of spelt bread and apparently dried apple rings have more carbs to them then I'd anticipated. Next time I'll be sure to double check my log before deciding to go for something "extra")
Funny thing about that is, I always log my food right after every meal or snack. Unless I'm out of the house. At this point, I'm pretty good at remembering every thing that goes in my mouth. My problem last night was failing to look over my log before having the tortilla. I assumed I was in the clear in terms of carb grams.
And yes, I'm sure you are right as there is 24 carbs per slice! ;) I was just experimenting and apparently if the carb doesn't come from a fruit or veggie, the effect is same accross the board; at least for me.
Ha! Hence the reason for logging food immediately. People almost always forget little snacks.
I'm sure the grogginess has to do with the carb load!
You need to be a member of Boise Kettlebell Lifting to add comments!
Join Boise Kettlebell Lifting